16 February 2008

Saturday

Today, Darwin took all the kids out in the Coast Guard boat to Molokini Island to snorkel. They saw a bunch of whales with their calves, and a ton of fish. All the kids went in the water...but London spent most of her time in the boat. Isaiah hung out in a float tube (they were all also wearing life jackets), and Caleb got to try out the wet suit he got for his birthday. The water was 150 ft. where they were, and it was so clear they could see clear to the bottom.

I didn't go with them...although I wanted to, but the reason he took them out, was because my friend here (Elena...with the post it car...hehehe) asked me if I would like to go to a concert with her. She had bought tickets to a Keali'i Reichel concert for her parents for Christmas, and they were excited to go, but at the last minute, they had to make other plans, so she asked me to go with her. It was a wonderful show, and I am glad I got to go with her. She is friends with (and I have met) one of his backup singers/hula dancers, and she went to school with his guitar player. He is a big name recording artist here, and grew up on Maui, in Lahaina. I really enjoyed myself, and the music and and the dancers were amazing. Here is a link to his website... http://www.kealiireichel.com/index2.html You can listen to a sample of his music, and see some pictures from his shows. Anyway, while I was sitting there, I realized that I am going to have a really hard time in a few months when we have to move. I really love living here. Not just because it is Hawaii, but because I really love the people I have met and the culture here. The Hawaiian people are so loving and beautiful, and I am so grateful for all of the experiences we have had here. I can say that as for my favorite place to live, this is it. Kodiak was my favorite for along time...but I love this area so much, this is the first time since we have been in the coast guard, that I really am not ready to go. I could stay here for three more years and not be ready to go, but we have to, so I will deal with it. =)

Sorry, there are no pictures this time...I wasn't allowed a camera at the concert, and Dar and the kids didn't remember to take one. We hope to go out on the boat again, and I will try and get pictures of the whales in the next few weeks

5 comments:

eekareek said...

Can't blame you for not wanting to leave. The pictures look very beautiful and it sounds like fun people live there.

Janie said...

Your kids have had such great opportunities living there. Your family has been able to do so much.
It will be interesting to see where you will end up next. You are great parents and will make the best of where you will be sent.

Unknown said...

So where are you going to live?

Melissa said...

We don't know where they will send us yet...but it will definatly be this June that we move. We should be finding out by the end of March or beginning of April.

Anonymous said...

I had been wondering how you felt about leaving Hawaii. Just tonight when we were talking I was wondering how the ward was gonna deal with you guys leaving. I really believe they love you guys! I have always believed Heaven will be the best of your experiences, family and friends all rolled into one. I hope I'm right. Mommer