- Isaiah joined the wrestling team
- Our water heater went out
- We had more snow days!
- My Grandma Iris passed away
- Kalia took selfies
- I finished the first half of my birthday resolution (to read all the conference talks)
- Brooklin made us cute heart pancakes for Valentine's Day
- Caleb was ordained a priest
- Isaiah got a black eye (in wrestling)
- Darwin went to Alaska for a week (and Kalia missed him so I made her a "Daddy Baby")
- London made the honor roll
- Kalia broke her toy box
- London had a band concert
28 February 2014
03 February 2014
Along with turning 16 last week, Caleb had the opportunity to be interviewed by our new Bishop and was found worthy to be ordained to the office of Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood. He was sustained by the congregation and was ordained by his dad on Sunday. Here is some information from the church website about the duties and responsibilities of a Priest.
The Duties of the Priest
Worthy brethren may be ordained priests when they are at least 16 years old. The specific duties of a priest are found in the Doctrine and Covenants, Section 20:46-48.
46 The priest’s duty is to preach, teach, expound, exhort, and baptize, and administer the sacrament,
47 And visit the house of each member, and exhort them to pray vocally and in secret and attend to all family duties.
48 And he may also ordain other priests, teachers, and deacons.
We are proud of Caleb for being worthy to advance in his priesthood duties. He will have the opportunity next week to bless the sacrament during sacrament meeting. What a sacred honor!