20 June 2008

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Moving stinks.


I am excited to move, but the getting to it really stinks.


I probably won't be posting too much until August, because in 5 days, the movers will be coming, and then I won't see my computer until we unpack it in Juneau....as soon as we find a place to live.

Today, we just sold our desk, table and chairs, couch, recliner, and fish tank. The house is getting emptier, and I am still not ready to leave...but my reality meter has swung drastically in just the last 24 hours. Tomorrow I get to get away for a few hours, and spend some quality time with one of my friends for the last time...


My list of things to get done is slowly getting shorter (and longer) all at the same time, and I hope I can get us all packed and ready for the movers by Tues. night. I will be so ready for a vacation by the time it gets here.


Sorry this is not a better post, but I just feel overwhelmed today. I also have to prepare a talk for sunday, and I don't know when I'm going to have time to write it down.


Happy thoughts for today:
The stuff we needed to get rid of is gone
The new furniture is purchased and on it's way to Juneau (I love IKEA!)
My hair will not be gray tomorrow...=)
My kids have been angels today
I have not been a frenzied growly monster today
I had 2 hours of silence so I could prepare for my talk (the topic is service)


Wish me luck...I'm going to need it!

No comments: