04 May 2008

Piano Recital

Well, we had our piano recital last night. It was really fun. It was Brooklin's 3rd recital, London's 2nd, and my 1st. London played "I Am A Child of God" from the red Primary Partners book. She did a great job. She memorized her song as well. Here is the video of her playing.

Brooklin played a song from The Little Mermaid..."Part of Your World" by Alan Menkin. She also memorized her piece...which was over 4 minutes long! She did awesome. She said that the whole time she was playing, her fingers and legs were shaking a lot.

I played a song from the Disney version of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"..."God Help the Outcasts" by Alan Menkin. I didn't think I was going to be able to do it. My hands and legs were shaking so much, it felt like my body was experiencing an earthquake. I played it better than I ever have though. The video camera ran out of batteries just as I sat down at the piano, so we missed most of the first page of the song...so I had to preform it again for the camera at the house. I didn't do as well playing it at the house, but you get the general idea. We had a lot of fun, and I am glad I got to do it. It is a lot different than playing on occasion in Primary!

*** If the videos of Brooklin and I are not on here yet, it is because they were too long for the blogger way of posting them, and I am waiting for them to download on YouTube, so they will be on here shortly...so check back later.***

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awww, London did such a great job!!! Can't wait to see the other two videos.

Graham Crackerz said...

Wow!!!! I am sooooo impressed and jealous. Great Job you gorgeous talented gals. Is there anything you three can't do? Love ya!