01 January 2011

Meeting old friends...and a huge turtle

We drove to Laie today to meet up with a friend of mine from high school and her husband.  I met Jennifer when we were 11 years old.  Her birthday is the day before mine and we had a double slumber party together at my house when we both turned 12.  I don't really know when I met TJ, but we went to high school together too. =)  TJ served his mission here in Hawaii, and this was the first time he had been back to visit.  They were staying with Jennifer's sister Tara, who's husband is stationed here in Oahu with the Navy.  I love being able to see so many people who come here to visit Hawaii.

Jennifer and I in the visitors center at the Laie Temple


Jennifer and TJ


Laie Temple


The family.


After visiting with Jenn and TJ, we drove to Laniakea beach on the north shore of Oahu to see if any turtles were out basking in the sun.  We were luck enough to see one big turtle!  There are volunteers who keep watch over the turtles so people don't bother them.  They put a red rope around the turtles as a kind of safety zone for the sun-bathing turtles.






No comments: