27 April 2009

Sweet and Spicy Meatballs

I am putting this recipe on here so a.) I won't loose it again... and b.) you can enjoy it too. I got this recipe from my friend Ketra in Maui (I miss you!) and it is one of those "Oh no! It's 5 o'clock and I haven't got anything planned for dinner" meals. It only takes three ingredients...and rice or a baked potato...and about 25 minutes.

#1) an 11.5/12 oz. jar of Pepper & Onion Relish (could be called bell pepper relish also)
#2) 1 jar (about the same size) of Orange Marmalade
#3) 1 large bag of frozen meatballs (regular or swedish style...italian doesn't go too well with this)

If the meatballs are fully cooked, just dump them and the relish and jam into a pot and simmer it for 20-25 minutes (while the rice cooks). If the aren't already fully cooked, then fully cook them however it says on the package, and then simmer it all for 15 minutes. THAT"S IT!

We eat ours over jasmine rice, but you could eat it over a baked potato also.

That's all for now...although I did take my math final this morning and I think I did ok on it (high B low A...I'll let you know)...we'll see. I have a photography final tomorrow (ie: bring some food to share and see everyone's final photos) and I have about 4 hours of reading, two assignments, a 4 page paper, and a final to finish by friday for my Music Appreciation class. I'll be so glad to have that done!

No comments: