09 May 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was good this year...it is actually always good...but just sayin. =)  Brooklin got me a t-shirt that said "World's Coolest Mom", Caleb got me a movie called "Hachi" (it was pretty good), London got me a portable Monopoly game, Isaiah got me a gumball machine (which I'm sure was more for him than for me...hehe), and Darwin got me some shirts and a sterling silver Native Alaskan orca ring.  He also took me out on Monday and bought me the most amazing fabric machine!  It is called the AccuQuilt Go! cutter...and I love it!  He got me the starter kit, (it comes with the machine and a die that cuts two sizes of squares and a row of triangles-with the seam allowance!! and the matching cutting mat), and he got me the 2 1/2" strip die and the rag quilt die!!  So excited!!  Here is a little video about what it does.  This shows the die that comes with the starter kit.  The piece that looks like a rectangle is actually 4 small triangles.


Someone at church didn't think, and so since last Sunday was Stake Conference...we had Fast Sunday this week!!  No breakfast in bed! ...and the worst part was that the Primary children didn't get to sing Mother's Day songs!  I was really sad about that.  They sing every year, and I love hearing all their tiny loud voices proclaiming
"Mother I love you.
Mother I do.
Father in Heaven has sent me to you.
When I am near you,
I love to hear you
singing so softly that you love me too.
Mother I love you,
I love you, I do."

I think they will plan better next time...but I guess it doesn't really matter if they do...because we won't be here next year.  lol.

No comments: