21 December 2008

Sledding and a frozen lake

Darwin and the kids went sledding on Saturday. I was sick, so I stayed home in bed the whole day. Anyway, he took them up to the Mendenhall Glacier. It has been SUNNY and between 3 and 23 degrees for 9 DAYS now! It is absolutely beautiful. The lake at the glacier is frozen solid, so after going down the hill for awhile, they all walked across the lake up to the face of the glacier. It is amazing...the glacier. I'm sad I missed it, so we will have to go back out when we are all well again. (Caleb, Isaiah and I have had the pukes)
















4 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon! The pictures are amazing. Snow is so beautiful when viewed from a nice warm house on a computer. :-)

Unknown said...

So if you were home in bed I guess Dar took these pictures? Nice job! Do you think the kids will miss spending Christmas on the beach or do they just love wherever they are? Hope everyone is well for Christmas!

The Dunow Family said...

Hope you get well before Christmas. You guys are so lucky to live in such an amazing area. I love the outdoors and would gladly live in Alaska. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Kelly said...

Those pics are really pretty! It looks like they had fun :)