15 March 2010

I accomplished something!

I can't believe how much stuff I got done this morning!  It is so nice to not have to worry about homework this week.  I got up this morning at 6:30am...35 minutes after my alarm went off the first time...  so I was worried that I'd started off bad and wasn't going to recover.  I did though!  =)  We all had oatmeal for breakfast this morning.  My kids LOVE oatmeal (the flavored kind that comes in the packets).  London had a field trip today to Eaglecrest (the place to go skiing here) so I had Caleb make the lunches and I french braided her hair so it would stay out of her face, and helped her remember to get all her snow gear.  Isaiah got up really late and was still eating breakfast at 7:50am...school starts at 8am.  Brooklin got up and was sneezing like mad.  We have all had some sinus something and she is the last to get it.  She really wanted to go to school today to show off the new shoes she bought (she bought her very first pair of shoes with her babysitting money...black "converse".  the short top kind) and the new shirt I bought her.  I made her stay home.  She was kind of bummed, but she understood.  (I gave her some NyQuil and within an hour she was sound asleep with a book propped open in her hand.  I left her home while I ran some errands later on and left her a note on the whiteboard and put the phone next to her head in case she woke up and didn't know where I was).

I drove the kids to school and when I got home, I had to fight the urge to plop down in front of the computer.  Instead of playing on facebook and reading people's blogs I:
  • took a shower
  • prepared three packages to be mailed.  (Marnie: mailed you the flannel squares for the baby quilts. Lisa: mailed you some clothes for your girls. Heather: Remember about two months ago, I called and asked you if I could mail you a box of stuff??  Yeah...it is finally on it's way, slow boat mind you, but it should be there within a month).
  • pieced the back for my king size quilt
  • called the quilting lady and set up a time (tomorrow at 10am) to take it in to be quilted
  • did two loads of laundry (washed and dried, but so far not folded)
  • went to the post office and mailed the three packages
  • went to one bank and made the boat payment
  • went to another bank and made a principle payment on the house
  • drove some papers in to the mortgage company for out refinance (closing at the end of this month)
  • went in and interviewed a property manager for renting our house
  • ate lunch (a teriyaki chicken wrap from a cool Thai restaurant I didn't know existed!)
  • went to Fred Meyer and got some groceries
This was all by 12:30 pm!  I don't ever do this much stuff by lunch time!  If I hadn't called Brooklin at 11:30 to ask her about a book I wanted to get her but didn't know if she already had, she probably wouldn't have known that I even left!  haha!   Now I am gearing up for the kids to return from school.  I told them that we would make cookies for FHE (family home evening) tonight.  I am also hoping to have a REAL dinner tonight...one that I cooked and not something frozen that I just reheat!  It feels like I haven't cooked if forever!  This is such a great feeling... =)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow you did get a lot done. I've been in the mood to cook a lot lately, I just never know *what* to cook.