25 July 2010

We're Here!

We made it to Oahu on friday afternoon.  The kids and I are staying in our house, and Darwin is off gallivanting in Virginia...hehehe.  (actually, he is going to a school in Yorktown for the next three weeks)  We have exactly one week to get everything ready for the kids to start school.  Our house is empty...we are sleeping on air mattresses and eating on the floor.  It is a little like camping. =)

We got to meet our new ward family today.  They are great. =)  Caleb said his teacher was the best.  London and Isaiah had fun in primary.  Brooklin got lots of treats.  I volunteered to play the piano in Relief Society since their pianist wasn't there and I was technically never released from that calling in my last ward (at least not while I was there). 

Tomorrow we have to get Brooklin registered for school, set up garbage collection, and call the water/sewer people so they don't turn off the water.  We also need to get the van inspected and then go buy school supplies.  I am thankful I don't start classes until September 2nd!

I am "borrowing" someone's wifi connection and it is super slow and unreliable...so I can't post any pictures...but I just wanted say that we are here, we are happy, and we can't wait to start out on our new adventure.  It must be an amazing one...why else would God have ripped us out of Juneau on short notice and planted us in a place we never expected to be?!  I can't wait to find out what is in store for us here! =)

No comments: