15 February 2009

Sweetness in Seattle

On Friday, I flew to Seattle to meet Darwin, who was on his way home from being in Florida for two weeks for training. I usually don't have the opportunity to get away with him when he is out of town for training, but he always asks me to go with him. I took him up on a small piece of the offer and met him for the day in Seattle before flying back home with him Saturday evening. He arrived around 9pm and was able to pick up the rental car and check in at the hotel before coming back to the airport to get me at 11pm. We stayed at the Sierra Bellevue Hotel (which I would recommend). We got up the next morning and drove 1/2 a mile to the Seattle Washington Temple. We did two sessions back to back and then we headed out to IKEA for lunch and shopping before returning to the airport to fly home.

I love going to the temple. This was the first time we have been through the Seattle temple together. I have actually been in the Seattle temple before. When I was a little girl, I went to the open house there in 1980. I remember wearing the shoe covers on my feet, and I remember seeing a sealing room with the giant chandelier and the mirrors...and being disappointed that President Kimball (the prophet at the time) was not in there. I was sure he was going to be in the temple! I also remember green carpet, but the carpet isn't green...it is a gold/tan color. Something that I didn't remember that I think I should have remembered was there are 4 sets of escalators in there! You would think a 6 yr. old would remember going up and down moving stairs...but nope!

Something that hasn't ever happened to me before during a session, happened this time through. The first woman I went through for was VERY excited to have her work done. I'm not sure how to write it...especially in a public blog, but I just felt her excitement for the entire session. It was an awesome experience. I'm so glad I was able to go there this week and partake of the blessings that come from attending the temple.




Darwin and I in front of the Seattle Washington Temple.



Seattle Washington Temple



There were three statues on the temple grounds...this one is my favorite.









We also had the best time in IKEA. I really do love that store. We had swedish meatballs for lunch and got to spend almost 2 hours wandering around. We bought $130 worth of small things that would fit into our suitcases, and salavated over the stuff we wanted and couldn't fit into a suitcase! Our kids had a blast staying over at our friend's home for the night. We don't ever do sleepovers as a family rule, except for cases like this one, so the kids felt like they were being treated just as much as we did! I am so thankful for their family and the friendship we have with them.

Well, I'm off to get something done! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

David and Kimber Strasser said...

That is awesome! I would love to go to Seattle and even though we are close I have only been there once and then once when I was little. When I went w/ David we went to a booksale and shared a hotel room with his brother Shuan so it wasn't too fun. But your trip sounds like fun!

said...

This is my first time on your blog. I will be back. Stay fabulous. It keeps 'em guessing.
http://RFourBiz.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/TheSecretDiary