01 February 2009

Happy 11th Birthday, Caleb!

Caleb had his birthday this past week and he is now 11. He was supposed to be born on Feb. 19th, but he was anxious to be out. He spent 8 days in the NICU, and we were so relieved that it wasn't anything serious, just a little breathing difficulty. He is a great kid, and we are happy to have him in our family. He chose to go out to Bullwinkle's Pizza for dinner, and we let all the kids play a few of the arcade games they have in there.



This was Caleb's favorite present. It is a Bakugan. I'm not really sure what they do, or what the hype is with them, but they are THE hot toy here. I've looked for them several times, and have only ever seen this one at the store in the 3 months I've known about them.


The cake.


The boy with the cake.


He blew each candle out individually! It was pretty funny when we told him he didn't get his wish, because he didn't do it in one blow...I don't know how he didn't know that "rule". Do you also love London posing in the background....lol!


The story about the cake is...I knew that we had a cake in the cupboard, because I could see the side of the box. What I didn't know is that it was a strawberry cake (ie and pink cake) and that just wasn't going to work. I added a ton of yellow food coloring to the batter to make it orange, and then we put blue frosting on it, so it could be a BSU cake. =) He thought that was pretty cool.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Looks like he had a good birthday, the cake looks good too!