10 May 2011

How We Got A Free Nook

We bought a Nook last June when we were traveling and we all love it.  Unfortunately, it stopped working sometime in December 2010, but I never got around to calling about the warranty until about March. I explained the problem to the guy on the phone (who I'm guessing was in India) and he had me do several of those tricks where you "hop-while-standing-on-one-foot-and-press-the-power-button-for-six-years-and-blink-your-eyes-ten-times" to see if that would fix it.  Surprisingly enough...that didn't work so  they told me they would send us a 2nd one to replace the broken one...and when the new one came, we should put the broken one in the box and mail it back to them (Barnes and Noble).

We boxed up the broken one and turned on the new (pre-owned...I hate that word by the way) one....and it didn't work!!  It kept telling me to enter my registration information, but it would not give me the keyboard to type in the information!  I called tech support again and after having me do all the same monkey-tricks they had me do with the first broken Nook, they decided to send us a 3rd Nook.  We boxed up broken Nook #2 in the box Nook #3 came in and sent it back.  Finally we had a working Nook!
.
.
.

Last week, a 4th Nook showed up in the mail! I called tech support today about it and after explaining the entire story to the guy (and about 15 minutes of waiting on hold on the phone...where every three minutes the guy would come back and tell me he was working on my problem and I was important to them) they said it was their mistake and I could keep it!! I made sure like four times and they just said they weren't going to charge us for it and it could be registered on our account...no strings!!! I'm so excited!!

No comments: