09 November 2009

November is National Adoption Awareness Month!




This week marks three years. Three years since we started our adoption paperwork with LDS Family Services. We have grown by leaps and bounds in these three years in our understanding of adoption. It is definitely a lot more emotional then I ever imagined. There have been days when I wasn't sure how I was going to take care of three infants at once, only to find out the next hour that none of those children were meant to be ours. It is hard for me to not be skeptical of each new situation we are presented with...because for three years, nothing has ever worked out. The thing is, I don't want to be just any baby's mother...I want to be my baby's mother, and if my baby isn't here yet, that's ok. I can wait for my child. I can wait for as long as my child needs me too. Some days I won't be as patiently waiting as others, but I will wait...because I know that that little person is meant to be here. That I am meant to be their mother. Darwin is meant to be their father...and they are meant to have four awesome siblings...and they are meant to come to us through amazing birth parents. I can wait for that.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm sorry you've had to wait so long. I'm sure your little one is out there somewhere waiting for you, too.