We do not have a definitive diagnosis at this point, but the two contenders are Aplastic anemia or leukemia. There were not any leukemia cells present in the results we have so far, but the part of the sample that has to decalcify over 24 hours is not ready yet and luekemia cells could still show up. The doctor is leaning more towards the aplastic anemia, but this is not the final diagnosis.
If he has the aplastic anemia, he will need a bone marrow transplant, and we will have the other kids tested to see if they are a match. If they are not a match, he will have to do a pill type therapy. This will put him coming home sometime on wednesday. If the diagnosis is leukemia, he will start treatment for that on Thursday.
It could also be something else all together, so we will just have to wait and see. He is feeling much better tonight and is awake and scarfing down his dinner. :)