01 April 2010

Fun with 6 rolls of TP!

I love April Fool's Day.

I get to make mischief...

...the fun kind. =)

Last night, I did a little cupboard/drawer switch-a-roo in the kitchen.  I switched the hand towels and the utensils...the cups and the bowls...the pots and pans with the cereal and stuff...the lunch bag drawer with the measuring cups.  I also used yellow food coloring to tint the milk to look like orange juice.  Then I went downstairs and drew eyes and flowers and smiley faces on the girls' glasses with a dry erase marker.

They all loved it!

They all get their own breakfast in the morning (while I am making their lunches) and they usually have oatmeal (the flavored kind in packets).  Normally, we keep a container on the table full of  utensils...but I made sure to empty that back into the (wrong) drawer and I emptied the dishwasher so they would have to look in the drawer to find a spoon...and when they opened the drawer, there were towels.  =)  I switched the cereal with the pots and pans...and when they went to find a bowl, they only found cups.  We bought the Costco milk last time we needed some (i really hate the new square containers they have) so we keep the milk in a pitcher...which made great cover for the "orange juice" milk.  Isaiah started opening every drawer and cupboard trying to see if I had done the whole kitchen. =)

This afternoon I decided to toilet paper the kids' bedrooms.

I only used three rolls in each room, but it was fun.  No one tp's around here, because it rains too much...and wet toilet paper is really not very fun to clean up..  I'm waiting for them to get home right now so I can watch them open their bedroom doors. =)

Here are the photos of my beautiful mess!


...and I do not claim responsibility for the mess that was there before I started my mischief...

...I'm not their maid...

...and between me being constantly angry about it or them just living with stuff piled on their floors, beds, and dressers (which doesn't seem to bother them in the least)...

...I'll take vacuumed once a week and just let them live in it.

It isn't worth the angry nagging and yelling that could go on.

(and has at some point).